Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Synapses Of Life

The word "synapse" comes from the greek synapsis, which means "conjunction". It is the connection between our brain cells that allows us to learn, think, and rationalize. It is responsible for who we are, how we think, and what we do. 

As we exist in space and time, we are exposed to many experiences that hints at the purpose of our being. These experiences are perceived through our five senses and they help us understand life. They help us understand our existence and the existence of the world around us. It is in our nature to try and stand aside as life happens around us and observe. Every so often, we are able to see synapses all around us. The connections that seem as complicated as the neurological structure in our brains begin to untangle one synapse at a time.

I have titled my blog as "Synapses Of Life" and it is meant to document my observations as I step aside and observe the world around me. The articles are intended to document my observations and enlighten the reader one synapse at a time. This blog is owned and maintained solely by me, Chirag Ravishankar, and all posts and ideas, unless otherwise stated, belong solely to me.